FOR EMPLOYERSTRAINING GRANTS
The South West Roofing Training Group is dedicated to providing quality, tailored, training and qualifications for its members. Training is also available to non-members, either roofers or non-roofers, because we believe that quality training and safety advice should be available to everyone who needs it.
We can generally provide a choice of open and private training courses. Open courses are held periodically around the region as and when sufficient interest has been identified to make a course viable. These courses are open to everyone. If training is required for five or more persons then a private course maybe a more cost effective option. Private courses can generally be held at any suitable location or venue to suit the customers’ needs.
Training Grants for Employers
Grants are currently available from CITB to support employers booking ‘appropriate’ training and development through the Roofing Training Group. A total sum of £25,000 is available during the period 1st January to 31st December 2017 for distribution to our members.
We generally offer a 50% discount on course fees on a first come, first served basis. There is however, a maximum of £2,500 per company that can be allocated plus a limit of £1,000 per individual employee.
To qualify for the grants, employers must be CITB registered. In addition to the courses outlined in our Training Menu below, other examples of appropriate training include:
• Management and Leadership - business planning, succession planning, supervisory and management development
• Marketing - developing a website, marketing plans, advertising products and services, producing promotional materials, measuring
customer satisfaction and seeking new customers/markets
• Financial - financial planning, record keeping, cash flow and getting paid and access to funding
• E-Procurement - registration schemes (Construction Line, CHAS and Safe Contractor), main procurement sites, how to register
and getting your company and services visible on-line.
• Green Deal and Sustainability - environmental management, waste management, code for sustainable homes, renewable energy,
solar heating installation and water harvesting
• Specialist Plant - competence certificate on specialist plant not covered under current card schemes
• ICT - Generic ICT skills, website design, finance and accounts software and AutoCAD
• Legislation - employment law and contract dispute resolution
• Site Safety Plus - any course from the current SSP range
There is also a new CITB £5k flexible training fund to support member companies with upskilling/training their employees. The SWRTG can assist with your application and help with Training Plan grant claims. Make sure you don’t miss out !
All prices ex VAT and do not include the Training Group member discounts.
Reductions can be made for larger group bookings.
All courses are run subject to sufficient numbers